Farm Board Meeting Minutes May 2, 2018
Present: M Welsh, J Kollmann, C Adler, M Hughes, J Tyson,
M Kahn, B Rogers, R Hinz
1) Festival setup details complete, work party for table/chair setup and flower arranging set for 10:00 Sunday morning. Monica will send blast to farmers.
2) Farm purchases, per Ralph: new waterproof controller box needed for electric fence controller. Also a tool for determining where the breech is in electric fence. This tool will streamline the process. Both purchases run around $100 each and Board approval received.
3) Blueberry bushes: has been noted that several farmers have blueberry bushes in their plots.. will monitor growth, placement and potential effect on surrounding plots.
4) Budget will be announced at next meeting which will be Annual Meeting. Current balances: Checking: $17,165 , Asset Replacement: $16,274
5) Tax return for farm filed per C Adler. Discussed keeping copies of payment checks for records. Login info for bank account given to M Welsh, J Kollmann, C Adler in addition to B Rogers
6) Overhead irrigation: noted that some farmers have dry areas in plots. Discussion notes that sprinkler heads were for turf irrigation and therefore not the ideal head for plots. Farmers need to monitor especially with new plantings.
7) Annual Meeting to be held 6/13 at 5:00 PM at the farm. Monica will send notice blast to farmers.
Motion to adjourn per J Kollmann, second per C Adler